[accesscomp] I Phones Tutorials

  • From: "Pat Hart" <pat.hart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:51:07 -0500

HelloList,

Seems I am in a bind.. I got an I Phone for my birthday, and the user guide is
supposed to be in it I was told.. I can't find it, think it wassupposed to be
in utilities or in SAfari, the web browser one.. I am not sure how jto tap or
swipe to find everything either, I did find kthe folder inutilities but it only
read clock, calculator and so on, didn'thear any user guide in there, and the
Safari said to choose ATTnetwork for Y FI and was told that could wait a little
while.. To just learn to swipe and tap and read the user guide first, but
can'tfind it or how to get to it, does anyone have any tutorial instructions
for how to get ot the user guide.. My son sort of went over the taps and swipes
but my little grandson was not feeling well and they had to get home with him..
He kept wanting my attention also and it was hard for me to foucs on what he
was telling me as far as how jto find the user guide, but thinkhe said it was
in the SAfari and to bypass the ATT network, where it said to choose tht and to
just use the cancel button but can't get past the cancel button, don't know how
to get past that if that is where it is, but also heardhim say something about
utilitie s and got into folder and it wasn't in it.. She also tried to show me
some things but my grandson was just all over the place and hard for her to
keep him where I could concentrate much, mys on doesn't want me to call him
about it that much and ask him a lot of questions, he seemed to think I could
learn it on my own and he has a vision problem also but she is there to get him
started when my grandson is asleep, too and I am by myself here.. So I m
limited to what I can absorb all at one time when someone is telling me
jsomething or showing me somehting when my attention is compromised like it was
Saturday evening.. Can anyone help me with some instructions for the I Phone
basic user guide and so on, I did learn to tap twice to open something and
where the home key is and the keyboard lock button and the mute button on the
side and so on and how to swipe and go through the things like mail and then
tap once to open but can't get the cancel button in the ATT network to do
anything wher eit says to vhoose ATT network, he said I would have jto get
number off ruter and get tht logged in to the I Phone, which I will have to get
someone to do for me, and we did put a password in it, and I am not sure jif
that is for the finding of the user guide or what, as the numbers or reading on
the screen and I would have to just learn to touch them by practice also and
tht would be doable but would take a lot of practice, buthe does that and he
has avision problem, but o get it logged in he said I would have to get someone
to do that probably but he said I had some jtime to do that, or a little time
anyway, so can anyone give me some advice on how to find the user guide for
right now at least or some type jof instructions? The ATT sotre where we got it
didn't seem to do anything as my son told the man who sold the phone to him for
me that jthey could help me with it and not sure jif he would have done all
this or not, but my son said I would have to have the number off my router and
log it in, so could not have done that at the store yesterday anyway.. Help!
Thanks in advance, Pat Dallas