[accesscomp] FW: resending today's tip because if orgot to include the URL on the second tip.

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:36:52 -0700

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:08 AM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: resending today's tip because if orgot to include the URL on the
second tip.

            There are two tips today..  The start of each is marked with an
asterisk.

The first is " <http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/> What Is My Screen
Resolution?"

Secondly is,  " You're Getting Old."

*I.   <http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/> What Is My Screen
Resolution?
This is such a simple web app, I just love it. Go the site and you'll see
your screen resolution. No buttons to push, nothing to click on. :)

 <https://geoguessr.com/world/play> GeoGuessr

 <https://geoguessr.com/world/play> https://geoguessr.com/world/play#

*II.  <http://you.regettingold.com/> You're Getting Old
The title of this site put me off a bit, but after I tried it I enjoyed it.
You can enter a date of birth for yourself or a friend and all sorts of
interesting information is displayed, like how many times the moon has
orbited the earth since you were born, a list of events for various life
stages (infant, child, teen, and so forth).
Interestingly, the average age of visitors to the site is 31 years old. I'm
definitely showing my years, over 91% of site visitors are younger than I
am. J

If using a screenreader, press the letter f three times to enter your date
of birth to see just how bad its gotten.

http://you.regettingold.com/

There are three edit boxes.  The first is month, then day and then year.
Then hit enter on go.

http://you.regettingold.com/

Prayer for Inner Peace

Lord, help me to live in Your joy and peace. Give me strength and
understanding to resist anxiety, anger, envy, depression, bitterness,
hopelessness, loneliness, fear and guilt. Rescue me when "my spirit is
overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is distressed" (Psalm 143:4). I
refuse to let my life be brought down by negative emotions such as these.

When I am tempted to give in to them, show me Your Truth. You have said in
Your Word that by our patience we can possess our souls (Luke 21:19) Give me
patience so I can do that. Help me to keep my 'heart with all diligence,"
for I know that "out of it spring the issues of life: (Proverbs 4:23).

To subscribe to Dan's tips or dedaily devotions, send an email to
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with either "subscribe dan's tips" or "subscribe daily
devotion" in the subject.

This message has been scanned by Norton 360