[accesscomp] FW: AccessingBARD with version 4.4.8 on the Victorstream new generation, Dan's tip for Tuesday Seoptember 23rd, 2014

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 20:07:32 -0700

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:11 PM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: AccessingBARD with version 4.4.8 on the Victorstream new
generation, Dan's tip for Tuesday Seoptember 23rd, 2014

Tuesday's tip is being sent out late Monday night.  This is because of my
excitement of the new access to BARD on the VictorStream New Generation. I
wanted others to have as much fun as I did exploring the BARD site and
download ing a book without connecting to a computer.

Thank you Humanware!!!

I will be glad to share my phone off line with anyone needing to get
connected to BARD or their WIFI.

My Experience with the New Version of VictorStream, 4.4.8

First will be explained how to connect to a network for the first time.
This is for those just getting the new Stream.

*I.  Configuring the Stream to access WIFI

1.  Press and hold the round button above number two (wifi button) until
hearing "airplan mode off."

2.  Press the wifi buttonagain and the prompt of "please wait" is hird a few
times.

3.  If not  ever connecting to a network, the prompt of "unable to connect
to a newwork" will be spoken.

4.  Press the number seven once.

5.  Press the number eight repeatidly until reaching "scan for available
networks."

6.  Press comfirm, (pound, on the right side of zero.)

7.  When hearing that networks were found, press number eight until locating
yours.  It It is usually the first one since it is the closest.

8.  Oncelocating your network, press comfirm.

9.  A prompt for entering a password is spoken. If your password has any
capital letters, press the bookmark button, (above number three) to use
uppercase.  Uppercse must be shut off when not need or all letters will be
put in uppercase.

Press the left arrow if an error is made while entering the password.  This
works anytime you enter text when using BARD, or any other search fields
with the VictorStream.

10.  when the password is entered, press confirm.

11. A prompt for a nickname is spoken.  So give it your network a name.

From that point on, the unit will automatically connect to the closest
recognized network.

12.  Press the confirm button when finished entering a nickname.  The new
nickname will be spoken.

13.  Press cancel, (star, left of the zero.)

*II.  Connecting to BARD:

1. When the VictorStream is on and connect to a network, press number seven
until hearing:

"NLS BARD

2. Press confirm.

3.  You will be asked to enter email.

Tips:  The at sign is accessed by pressing zero four times.

A period is inserted by pressing the number one twice.

4. Press confirm after entering the email.

5.  You are then asked for a BARD password.

After entering this, press confirm.

6.  In a few seconds you should hear, "NLS BARD, zero books, search for NLS
BARD books."

7.  Press confirm.

8.  Several choices to brows the BARD catalog  are presented.

Explore these by pressing number two or eight.

9.  In this example press the number eight until reaching "most popular
books" and tap confirm.

10.  You are asked to "please wait."  After a few seconds, Victor says
"found results" followed by a number.  In  my search there were 40 books.

*I. First download:

11.  Explore backward or forward with numbers four and six.

12.  Listen to a brief description of the book by pressing number five.

13.  If you like a book, press the confirm key.

You will be told "added to download cue."

The download is actually already starting. I am not sure how many books can
be downloaded at once. In my test, I only tried one to see how long it takes
for a download to finish.

14. Percentage download can be checked by pressing zero and letting
VictorStream read out the information.  I tried moving forward with number
six to the download percent.  However, only the next available book was
spoken and the information dialog went away.  So I pressed zero again and
let the info read out.

but only moved to the next book .  Just press the

15.  A tone was heard when download was completed.  Also VictorStream
announced the download was completed.  The process took around four minutes.

16.  If you wish to download another book from the same category, simply use
number six until locating a choice and press confirm.

17.  If wishing to choose books from a different category, press  cancel,
(star, (left of zero.)  Then use number two or eight until locating a new
category to browse.

18.  Hit confirm, (right of zero) to enter that new category.

19.  Press number six or four for navigating the choices.

20.  Press confirm to start downloading anew book.

Good luck with your new awesome libirary of thousands of books in your
hand!!!

Thank you Humanware!!!

"We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right,
our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God."

- St. Francis De Sales

To subscribe to Dan's tips or dedaily devotions, send an email to
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with either "subscribe dan's tips" or "subscribe daily
devotion" in the subject.

This message has been scanned by Norton 360