[access-uk] Re: yahoogroups bouncing mail

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:40:40 +0100

Hi Iain,

You can put the blame fairly and squarely on Freeserve for
being "thrown off" Freelists.  And you will not have been
the first.  Along with one or two other UK ISPs, Freeserve
are well known for taking their servers completely off-line
without activating and form of backup server.

The lists are set to something like 10 hard bounces before
they automatically remove someone.  By "hard bounce", I
means where a response like, "not known at this domain" is
returned.

This is usually enough, but on busy lists, if the outage
extends beyond a few minutes, it can trigger, so I'll see if
there's a way of raising the threshold.

George.