[access-uk] tonight's intouch

  • From: "yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:14:05 +0100

Hi all, I was slightly surprised when listening to tonight's intouch item on the Freedom box that someone didn't mention the likelyhood that a blind person wouldn't simply be able to go up to a computer in an internet cafae, library or university and just plug in this external USB device. In-fact I'm even more surprised that someone in one of the three places that Sunil tried to use the freedom box didn't ask him what he thought he was up to. I know the program is very tite but something as fundamental as this, should have been pointed out. A lot of les technologically minded people are going to have the idea that they can simply take this device an dplug it anywhere. Despite the fact that most publicly available computers won't allow this and many won't even have USB ports.

Yusuf