[access-uk] Re: to keith re speakup

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:41:35 +0100

Hi Richard, as I said in my last post to Keith terabyte themselves have done nothing. Speakup is part of Linux, and is only available in the image for linux package. It isn't included with image for windows, nor is there so much as a mention of it in the image for windows documentation. If someone tries the linux boot cd method and something goes wrong do you think terabyte would be of any help? I suspect not. In all probability they'd say that it was only included with image for linux as they only supported its use with image for linux. There isn't so much as a mention of speakup in the image for windows documentation. Isn't that significant? By all means try and see if it works for you. There's a trial of image for linux you can download.

                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Godfrey-McKay" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>