[access-uk] Re: to keith re speakup

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:29:53 +0100

Hi Keith, granted, but it'd make life a lot easier if they simply enabled the restore automatic function, which currently can only restore partitions other than C to be restored, since C is locked, to reboot and restore. I may try the linux boot cd thing just for interest, and who knows, I may have a nice surprise. I may on the other hand trash my system. When reading posts on the linux forum there were quite a few people who'd done just that, and even following a format hadn't got their system right again. And remember these are sighted people, without the problems we face as blind users. At the end of the day linux and windows are two separate entities, and mixing the two, I would have thought, potentially spells trouble. It all depends on whether someone wants to play it safe or is willing to risk messing their system up. Don't you think it's significant that speakup isn't included with image for windows, nor is there any mention of it. In fact to find it in the image for linux package I had to search. I wonder, if someone restoring a windows partition came a cropper with it if Terabyte would be of any help whatsoever, or if they'd simply say that they didn't support its use with anything other than image for linux. There's no mention of it in the image for windows documentation.

 If you give it a try let me know how it goes,
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Barrett" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>