[access-uk] Re: talking microwave

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:09:28 +0100

Hello,

The speech chip broke on my LG talking microwave after about 18 months. Our service centre for LG products in Norwich ordered a new speech chip from LG, which came from Korea and took about a month to arrive. The service centre installed the new board in a week, telling me that they were not very impressed with LG!

I was able to use the microwave whilst waiting for the new chip, as most of the touch buttons are brailled.

Chris

At 13:44 08/09/05 +0100, you wrote:

pROBABLY NOT JUST YOU, THE SPEECH CHIP WENT ON MINE AND IT WASN'T AS OLD AS THREE YEARS, i'VE ALSO HEARD OF PEOPLE HAVING PROBS WHILE THEY'VE STILL BEEN UNDER GUARANTEE

i WOULDN'T GET ANOTHER ONE AFTER MINE WENT CAPUT AND i ENQUIRED AS TO RELIABILITY ETC.

tRACE