[access-uk] Re: slightly awkward but temperary way around booking a delivery slot with sainsbury

  • From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:30:32 +0100

So, if we translate this to a sighted person using this site, we have a system
comparable to a psychometric test for intelligence where VI users have a
handicap to start with.    Rather than a straight forward booking system VI
users use a system that needs greater special and mental awareness than is
required by sighted users of the normal site.  How equal is that?
It's all very well figuring a way around their systems but, according to the
law, should we have to figure it out or should we, as VI users, be able to
access these sites easier than we do, especially when we consider that we used
to be able to get easier access before they altered their sites?

Barry H