[access-uk] removeable hard disk

  • From: "Keith Barrett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:20:41 -0000

All,

I am considering having the hard disk removed from my computer and a
caddy installed whereby I can have more than one disk for different
occasions, possibly with different operating systems.

So, a couple of questions

Has any one any experience of the different caddies?

Also, as the boot order is specified in the bios, I presume that as I wish
to always have an option to boot from a cd, the number of partitions on
each hard drive will need to be the same?

Also, does each drive have its own holder or do you just poke the disk in
to the caddy installed in the machine?

Thanks.

Keith

- -