[access-uk] offtopic: question about blind people in communist countries?

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:10:30 +0200

Hi all,
Sorry that this is off-topic, but I really don't know where to ask. Because I'm studying politics, I read books about life was like in former Communist countries like in the GDR, etc. I have often wondered what was life like in those countries for blind people? I've tried searching Google, typing things in like "blind people in the GDR", but really haven't got much success. Does anyone know of a book that I could read or a web site where I could find out? I mean, did blind people get materials in special formats, how much of the youth activities were they included/excluded from, for me they're very fascinating questions.
Ari