[access-uk] Re: Portset.

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:03:01 -0000

My only comment, and please feel free to jump on me if you want folks (though
not literally) (smile), is that it's a rip-off for £620 or whatever it costs.
I know it speaks, but £620 for that?  Phew!

I loved their Talking Teletext unit when I had mine, but that was when there
wasn't so much information available elsewhere.  Certain Freeview boxes, while
they don't provide speech navigation, do offer Audio Description, and there are
also lots of DAISY players on the market to tap into.  I just think it's well
OTT.

Jackie