[access-uk] Re: msn query

  • From: "Chris Hunt" <chris.hunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:17:11 -0000

Hi Colin,

I have had exactly the same problems as you describe for many months.

The service provider's support could not find the answer and all
internet searches seemed to be fruitless.

Then, whilst checking the hardware firewall settings, I stumbled on an
option called M T U.

M T U stands for Maximum Transmission Unit and by default is set to
1,500 (one thousand five hundred) by the firewall.  In my case a quick
internet search found that my provider only supports a maximum of 1,400
(one thousand four hundred) so the change was made.

Every website, MSN and other applications which support internet
downloads now work perfectly.

It may not be the answer to your question but it certainly worth a try!

Regards,
Chris.