[access-uk] kindle speech quality

  • From: "david pritchard" <wd.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:09:59 -0000

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to read a kindle book using the tts function in my wife's
kindle and the accessible version of "kindle for pc". The speech quality is
slightly better using the kindle hardware but is still poor. Is there any way
of using  a different speech synthesizer such as eloquence? I did hear on "in
touch" recently that it was possible to read the kindle text using Jaws. I've
tried without success - has anyone succeeded in doing this?

regards

David

p.s. i bought the kindle version of the book as it was no longer available as a
physical book.