[access-uk] Re: is there a USB compatible iminidisk recorder that has software that is visually impaired friendly?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:00:35 +0100

Richard makes a good a point here.  The Olypus digital voice recorders are used
quite a lot by VI people who seem to get along with them well enough.  I guess
with the more exspensive ones that take a memory card you can simply put the
card into a card reader and have software supplied with the recorder decode the
audio.

As for mini-disc, well I'm a great fan, but its well and truly on its way out
now, due to Sony's commercial stupidity as much as technological progress.  All
the sony MD net software I've seen is truly gastly, a right pain.

If you are into cracking nuts with sledghammers then Sony Sound Forge has an
option to save to MINI disc.  As for reading them, I doubt it, but I don't
know.  Of course you can always transfer the files via audio in real time
through the line input of a soundcard.

HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at