[access-uk] Re: internet dongles & Skype

  • From: "Edward Green" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 09:34:07 +0100

Hi Andrew,

It's been a couple of years since I used an Internet dongle, but I know that
at the time some providers didn't include Voice Over IP on all tariffs,
meaning that Skype won't always work.  Certainly T Mobile didn't include it
on their basic mobile broadband tariff, but you could pay extra in order to
use it.

If Voice Over IP is included, and assuming your friend can receive a 3G
service, then there's no reason why Skype shouldn't work.  Obviously your
friend will want to make sure they have a data plan that meets their needs
in terms of any caps etc.

Cheers,

Ed