[access-uk] Re: initial comments on tvonics

  • From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <csdryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 11:59:06 +0100

Wil,

The optical out on the box is for connection to a external audio source such
as a 5.1 DTS Amp or to a DAC converter.  It only carries audio.  If you
connect to an AV amp via HDMI, it will carry the 5.1 dolby encoding but
connection via scart will not carry the full 5.1 encoding, just 2 channel
stereo.  Of course, it doesn't matter in  the slightest if you're not using
a DTS system.

Steve