[access-uk] Re: free e-mail accounts

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:44:21 -0000

Googlemail is very good and is now only fairly recently fully publically
available and can be accessed via POP and even IMAP as well as via the
web.  I have had mine as a private email account since about three years
ago off an invite and never regretted it.  The spam filtering is second
to none, almost nothing I don't want gets through to my regular email
clients and all I do is empty the spam folder through the webmail
interface occasionally.

Jaws 9.0 has improved facilities that make Googlemail webmail about as
good as any if not better than other webmail services in trms of
efficiency.  In my time away from work I am a musician and I get mixes
sent me in tens of megabytes size as attachment, it never chokes on
that.  It also works very well in IMAP mode if you should need it.

I would stick with it and identify the problem, there is probably a way
around it of some sort as it is definitely worth persisting with.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Support