[access-uk] Yahoo, google or freelists groups please?

  • From: David Mellor <mrd.mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 15:43:44 +0100

Hi group,
I want to ask for some guidance on email discussion groups, like this one.
I want to setup a closed group to allow discussion between people who have
previously attended a group event in person, so their email address are
already known. There posts should not be visible to anyone who is not a
member of the group.
I want it to function as an email based group like this group, ideally with
a web interface as well for those that might prefer it.
I prefer yahoo and google groups to freelists simply because they handle
subject lines for replies better allowing email software to group the
original post together with its replies.
I would like something that has moderator / admin tools that are VIP
accessible. I have heard that yahoo no longer fits this requirement.
Apart from the above, cruising.ultragroups.com is another good one I've used
though I don't think it has a web interface.

Any advice please?
Very many thanks,
David