[access-uk] Re: Which device carries the sound source in a TV set up?

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:28:30 -0000

Hi Mo -

I have a sighted partner, so it's not just about getting the sound right for me.

My TV and sound Bar are Panasonic, and the first bit of kit on the set up will
be the TVonics [when I get it.]

Do you think there is much likelihood in the sound being compromised from these
3 pieces being connected to each other? Do you know, or anybody else on list
able to say what the sound quality is like from the TVonics?

Thinking about it a bit, isn't it always the case when a piece of kit, such as
ann. old VHS, or now DVDR or PVR machine is the first item connected to the
input source [aerial] that that machine will determine the sound quality? -

Andy