[access-uk] Re: User Accounts not reading properly with JAWS?

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carol Pearson <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:41:27 +0000

Hi Carol,
Thanks for those observations, I'll bear them in mind if anything else doesn't
read correctly. I found the scripts needed to make UA read correctly, however
I'm still at a loss as to why it wasn't reading it before I installed the
scripts.
On Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 03:13 AM (GMT), Carol Pearson wrote:
Hi James,

Though I may not be able to help on this one, I have a few observations
which may be worth passing on as they could be relevant in this case.

We have had a slight problem with Mike's Advent netbook in that some
settings in programmes such as Eset Smart Security and Outlook Express have
been a bit, well, unclear, not always holding or read properly.  This could
be a Jaws issue, but I think it could equally be due to a problem with some
laptops/perhaps netbooks.  In short, I have had problems in the past with
laptops not reading too well.  Sometimes it was tracked down to the display
settings.  On this laptop we found the extra processor sometimes appeared to
do strange things.

However, it's also sometimes the case that the hybernate setting doesn't
work too well and, once a computer comes out of hybernate things don't
always work quite right.  We're wondering if this is the case with Mike's
netbook right now and have purposely stopped using hybernate for a few days
so that we can make a judgment as to whether this may be the cause.

I hope some of this rambling may help you to pinpoint the problem.  Sorry,
it's written in the middle of the night (quite unusually for me these days)
so I'm not thinking too well either, but hope it might help.

Cheers.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message sent at 11:40:29 AM GMT on Sunday, December 21, 2008