[access-uk] Re: User Accounts not reading properly with JAWS?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 03:13:36 -0000

Hi James,

Though I may not be able to help on this one, I have a few observations which may be worth passing on as they could be relevant in this case.

We have had a slight problem with Mike's Advent netbook in that some settings in programmes such as Eset Smart Security and Outlook Express have been a bit, well, unclear, not always holding or read properly. This could be a Jaws issue, but I think it could equally be due to a problem with some laptops/perhaps netbooks. In short, I have had problems in the past with laptops not reading too well. Sometimes it was tracked down to the display settings. On this laptop we found the extra processor sometimes appeared to do strange things.

However, it's also sometimes the case that the hybernate setting doesn't work too well and, once a computer comes out of hybernate things don't always work quite right. We're wondering if this is the case with Mike's netbook right now and have purposely stopped using hybernate for a few days so that we can make a judgment as to whether this may be the cause.

I hope some of this rambling may help you to pinpoint the problem. Sorry, it's written in the middle of the night (quite unusually for me these days) so I'm not thinking too well either, but hope it might help.

Cheers.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Scholes" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Message sent at 03:22:29 PM GMT on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3704 (20081218) __________