[access-uk] Re: Thunder screen reader

  • From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:25:05 +0000

Thunder on Vista works differently. It doesn't add a shortcut to the
Startup folder in the Start menu, like it does in XP. Instead, it uses
the Microsoft Vista Ease of Access Center. Press the Windows key and U
to open the Ease of Access Center. Then tab to the link "Use the
computer without a display" and hit return. Now tab to the checkbox
"Thunder Screenreader" and hit space to uncheck it. Finally tab to the
Save button and hit return. It will no longer start up with your
machine.

Other assistive technologies can register themselves in the Ease of
Access Center: it's designed to be a way to manage them all on the
machine and for different users.

--
Best wishes,
Alasdair King