[access-uk] Re: Text to MP3 recording

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:46:11 +0100

Hi Roger.

There is a new programme called D Speech. What this is is something like a text editor and you can type in text or copy and paste in, large pieces of text, then save the document as an mp3 file.

I have a demo of how the programme works, which I got through my Podcaster, from a New Yorker called Lynnette Tatum and I can send this to you via SendSpace, if you let me know.

Alternatively, you can visit the producers site at:
http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/
and download this free programme and check it out for yourself..

I have both JAWS and Windoweyes and access to Microsoft Sam, however, the ladies who have produced this cast have access to much better voice synthesisers and to be honest, the quality of the voice is fantastic.

I'm still getting used to the prog, so cannot really offer, at this time, much more advise, but please get back to me if you wish to hear this demo of the prog.

Very best wishes.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>