[access-uk] Team Viewer and a screen reader

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 00:17:00 +0000

Hi,

An organisation I do some work for are talking about me having a log
in so that I can look at files available on their server.  They use
Team Viewer.  The only experience I have of Team Viewer is whe I run
it to allow a sighted person to help me with visual problems on my
computer - I haven't so far used it to connect to other people's
machines.

I struggle to understand how this could work with a screen reader,
though this organisation thinks it should work.  As far as I
understand it Team Viewer provides a view of the remote machine's
screen and allows the user to interact with it and control the remote
machine.  I can't conceptualise how this would work in an accessible
way for a screen reader.

Has anyone any experience of Team Viewer and a screen reader?  Can it be done?

I also don't really understand why/how Team View is used to access
files anyway - why not just download them?  That's probably a question
for the organisation, not here but any thoughts welcome.

Catherine