[access-uk] Re: Tasks and Journal?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:17:32 -0000

Hi Andy,

I personally don't use Outlook's Journal options, so can
comment there, but I do make expensive use of Tasks.  I also
know many screen reader users who also make use of this
feature, so be assured it is quite accessible.

A task can be as simple as a reminder to yourself to do
something by a specific date, or something such as perpetual
reminder about an anniversary or birthday.  You can also set
reminders in hours, days or in some cases weeks, before the
event to allow yourself say time to mail me a birthday card
so that it arrives close to the day. (23rd April, by the way
- smile)

One thing to bear in mind is that they might initially be a
shade intrusive, in so much as they will pop up each time
you run Outlook.  They can also pop up when you are in the
middle of something else, but that's what they are there for
anyway - reminders.

The other potential drawback is that you need to be running
Outlook in order for Tasks to work.  However, I tend to keep
it running all day anyway, so it's not a problem.

If you are a busy person, the Tasks side of Outlook is well
worth getting to know.

George.