[access-uk] Re: Talking Microwave again

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 22:32:56 +0100

hi Ray.

It is not that the cost is unbearable. it depends after all how much money
you get in the first place and whether like me you choose to spend it on
beer like me!!! (smile)

The point is that really there is absolutely no need for a talking microwave
and this is probably why the manufacturing of them has ceased.

A microwave with 2  dials, 1 for power and 1 for time  could be brailled
like a washing machine dial is
often brailled.  This solution is cheap.  It is not language sensitive and
if you can change power settings and know what the time is set to, what more
information do you really need?

If you want the talking stuff I certainly don't want to criticise. why
should I?

I used to have a moulinex microwave whose controls were clicked
round so that you could only turn it up in temperature and time stages.
that was even easier to use.  The talking microwaves have warnings
to take food out and stir etc. but these features are probably useless
gimics designed for little else than to justify the outragious price tag.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page

Mobile: 07753 607980