[access-uk] Re: System configuration

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:33:26 +0200

Hi

I personally don't like using the msconfig, because of the
messages you mention. I found a really useful start up
utility and a start up monitor on the website below. The
start up utility either can be run just by clicking the
start up exe file file or you can install it and it sits in
the control panel and you can run it from there. You have
several different pages of start up options you can turn off
or on just by selecting them and you do this by using the
space bar. You can rotate through the various pages of
things you can turn off by using ctrl tab. Have a look, it
is really good. I use hal screen reader and the start up
utility is very accessible.

The start up monitor alerts you if something is trying to
run or change your registry, i.e. if you install a new
program, it will ask you if you want such and such to run on
system start up. You just press yes or no.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

Regards

Adrien

You can get me off list at:
adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
adriencollins06@xxxxxxx
or
adrien_collins@xxxxxxxxxxx

I support cobweb, why don't you?
Cobweb is a charity which provides support for sick and
disabled children and their families.
To find out more or to make a donation go to:
www.cobwebfoundation.org

program for
the visually impaired, find out more by downloading the
software from:
http://www.a-technic.net/speakon.htm
e-mail to:
speakon-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx