[access-uk] Re: Spreadsheets on Apple Mac

  • From: Karl Proud <grandtheogonist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 11:48:24 +0100

Carol,
My experience was pretty negative with both Numbers and Tables programs on the Mac. It was one of the many reasons I moved back to Windows for work. My spreadsheets were quite large and I needed to know which row and column I was in at all times, which wasn't possible with voice over at the last time I tried. Things may have changed since then, about a year ago, so more up to date info may be required.

I am aware that conversations about Mac and Windows get out of hand real quick, but all I would say is think very carefully before shelling out a lot of money. I think that statement shouldn't be controversial!

Regards,
Karl

On 30/04/2013 5:21 PM, Carol Pearson wrote:
Hi all,

I am again looking to see if it's time for me to go for a Mac.

My main consideration is that I will need to produce spreadsheets.

Can anyone who has tried to use and/or read spreadsheets on the Mac please
share their thoughts. I would need to be able to write them as well as read.

Thanks for any input, good or bad, on this one.

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using BrailleTouch** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following link:-