[access-uk] Re: SP2 Update

  • From: "John Farley" <john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:35:15 +0100

Hi list,

Fully agree with Ray here.
I am running Window-eyes 4.5 Pro SP4 on Windows XP Pro and downloaded XP SP2
from the Windows update site without problems. It downloaded, installed
itself and then all just worked. No problems at all.

The extra security it adds, in my view, simply have to be taken advantage of
in these days.

BTW, if you are using Window-eyes, then you must also install SP4 from the
GWMicro web site first.

An addition to another question on this list there is, under SP2, a useful
feature that puts a security app in the system tray so that you can easily
check and change some of the security features.

Regards, John

Contact on : (Home)
john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        or : (work)