[access-uk] Re: Reversing Laptop Screen.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:53:36 -0000

Hi Mandy,

You might need a little sighted help here.

Control Panel, Display will take you into the video settings
dialog.  From there, it can be tricky, but not impossible.
The following is for my Toshiba laptop, but it should be
similar for most laptop displays.

Select the Settings tab.  (This is where you would normally
select screen resolution and colour quality.) Click on the
"Advanced" button.

There will be a number of tabs here too, and one of them
will usually be for the specific video in your system.
(FYI, the others are normally General, Adapter, Monitor,
Troubleshoot and Colour Management, so you can ignore these)
In my case, it's called "GeForce4 420 Go".

There are only two buttons on my dialog, Device Settings and
"GeForce4 420 to Go".  When I click on the latter, a Windows
Explorer type tree list comes up, and at the very bottom is
an item called "NV Rotate".  When I click on that, I get a
dialog with 4 radio buttons, the first of which is
"Landscape (0 degree rotation)" which, when selected, puts
the screen back to normal again.

George.