[access-uk] Recording onto minidisk machines.

  • From: chairman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxx,access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxx, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:58:47 +0100

Greetings,

Please can anybody suggest why this is happening and how to get round it.

I record onto minidisk in either standard stereo or mono from an analogue
source, but having performed the necessary tidying up edits, wish to save
the results onto another minidisk in lp4 format.

To achieve this, I dub using a digital optacle connection.

I notice that, any track marks copied across from the original analogue
disk copy onto the digital version no problem - but - the track mark is
*always* about a quarter second *ahead* of where I wish it to be so, for
instance, when I am copying serials or commedy onto what I will term my
archive disks, though I have split tracks between the programs, I end up
with a tiny bit of the previous program stuck onto the start of the
following one so I then have to rejoin and re-edit by inserting a divide in
the right place.  If I do an analogue copy, I can't remember noticing this
happening so any ideas folks?

Cheers.

Colin R. Howard.