[access-uk] Re: RNIB Sonic Glasses

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:04:09 +0100

Hi,

I am pleased they are durable.

But more interestingly can you please post a detailed report on how they perform? with thanks.

On 30/03/2011 10:46, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Everyone.

I’ve just taken delivery of my RNIB sonic eye glasses, and first impressions are good.  They
feel sleek and are solidly built, and although they’re made of plastic, they’re rugged
and durable not to mention quite comfortable.  They have both audio and vibratory feedback and are
charged via USB either via plugging the supplied cable in to a USB port on your PC or in to the
supplied travel adaptor.

If anyone wants to know more about them, I’d be happy to answer any specific
questions, but my general impression and probably a lasting one is that RNIB have yet
again come up with a very useful product at a fare price, certainly within the
affordability range of most if not all persons who feel they could use a sonic aid but
who might be put off by the pricier alternatives.

All the best, Ibrahim.

--
All The Best
Kevin Cussick