[access-uk] Re: Problems with PayPal

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 08:17:40 +0100

Adrien,

Millions of these messages are received by people all over the world every day.
Looking in my SPAM folder, I can see I've got 5 variants in the last 24 hours.

There are a couple of Paypal pages you could check out:
https://www.paypal.com/fightphishing
and
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/antiphishing/PPPhishingReport-outside

says

"If you think you’ve received a phishing email:
Forward the email to spoof@xxxxxxxxxx
Delete the email"

But ultimately, the only real line of defense is common sense.