[access-uk] Problems recording net streams

  • From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:58:05 -0000

I've been using TotalRecorder, SoundForge and GoldWave to record live
streams playing on MediaPlayer and RealPlayer and this keeps happening.  The
stream sounds great when streaming live but when I listen back to the
results there are portions of the audio where it sounds as if the recording
has been paused for a couple of seconds during the stream.  No gaps or
skipping but bits of words and phrases have disappeared.  Can anyone suggest
why this might be - I've got 25 gig free on a 40 gig hard drive, running XP
and I've pasted in the processor details here too - just because I'm not
really sure what is relevant and what aint, I'm wondering if it might be a
problem with the processor's cache that could be changed but don't know how
to establish if that is the deal or not or what to change in the system's
configuration - 2.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache