[access-uk] Re: Problem with the format messages from Google groups and Yahoo groups

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:37:31 -0000

Alexander,

In Outlook Express you may know that there is a setting which says "Read all messages in plain text", to which you can say "Yes" or "No".

I have realised that it must be more difficult to make this work for some in Outlook as you're not the first to have asked.

I've just taken a look at Outlook 2002 and in the Mail Format tab there's an "Internet" button, which seems to suggest you can receive messages in one of three formats, including plain text. Perhaps this is what you want.

I hope that gets you there ...

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:34 PM (UK time), Alexander Shannon at alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

:: Hi all,
::
:: I've been having problems with my e-mail client, and I've ended up
:: using Microsoft Outlook 2002 until I can get a copy of Microsoft
:: Outlook 2003, which I've been told will work with Office XP Pro.
::
:: The problem is, that initially when I was using Outlook Express, I
:: was receiving all messages in plain text, but now on some groups, I
:: am receiving messages in .html format.
::
:: With Yahoo and Google I've got accounts so I've tried to set things
:: so that they are in traditional mode in both these cases, and I
:: think it's worked, but I'm not certain that it is working.
::
:: With Freelists, messages in some groups are coming through  in plain
:: text, while others are coming through in what I believe to be .html.
::
:: Can someone advise me what I should do to get all messages coming
:: through from all groups in plain text please.
::
:: Thank you in advance, and I apologise to the moderators if it is
:: felt that this message is a little off topic.
::
:: If anyone wants to reply to me on this off list, please contact me
:: at the following e-mail address alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:: Thank you in advance for any help.
::
:: Alexander Shannon
::
:: ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
:: ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
:: ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
:: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
:: ** and in the Subject line type
:: ** unsubscribe
:: ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
:: ** immediately-following link:-
:: ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
:: ** or send a message, to
:: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq