[access-uk] Re: PDF to Text

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:28:46 -0000

Hi Roger, Martin and all,

I am also interested in trying to convert .PDF to text as I was sent some confidential documents last year which are related to the lease on a property I now part own.

Some of the .PDF files are actually pictures so obviously they can not be converted at all, however, using Microsoft Office document scanning which is part of office XP which I have loaded onto a Windows XP machine, in conjunction with adobe reader version 7 I can convert parts of some of the documents into text but when I come to convert the whole of some documents into text I get the following text appearing on the screen, "
http// www. adultpdf.com

Created by image to PDF trial version to remove this mark please register this software."

This prompts me to ask two questions.

Firstly, has anyone heard of the website

http// www. adultpdf.com? Secondly, am I being asked to register software I do not have on my computer, or is the fact that the people who created the documents may have used software they did not have registered?

Alexander Shannon