[access-uk] Off topic but important message

  • From: "mary" <m.tottle1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:54:37 +0100

Sorry this is off topic but my husband and colleagues at the Chamber Of Commerce received this message and I thought as many people as possible should know about it.
Message follows.

Regards

Mary

Subject: FW: Personal Safety
Please pass on to colleagues.
Dear all
I have been asked to pass this on to all staff.
Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 pm in
Tesco car park  when two males asked what kind of perfume I was wearing.
Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were
willing  to sell me at a very reasonable rate.  I probably would have
agreed had I  not received an e-mail some weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna
smell this neat  perfume?' scam.
THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER!
When you sniff it, you'll pass out.  They'll take your wallet, your
valuables and heaven knows what else.  If it were not for this e-mail,
I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume' but thanks to the generosity
of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me.
PLEASE PASS THIS TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND BE ALERT AND BE AWARE.
IF  YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS.
LET  EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS.