[access-uk] Re: OCR in Webvisum: anyone got it to work?

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:10:31 +0100

Andy, I was at pains to try and point out that it is not the control-6 command
I'm talking about here, but the alt-control-65 command that is supposed to deal
with web pages that have images of text rather  than those verification images
that are distorted so ordinary OCR wouldn't pick them up.

Again the offending page is:

http://www.blackcountrypodcasting.com/

I'm not just now aiming to have a showdown with this guy who does allow us to
use parts of his podcast on our talking newspaper, so I'm looking to negotiate
a rewrite of the site, eventually.  There is really no reason the site
shouldn't look the way it does with propper formatting and/or style sheets.

Cheers,
Ray.