[access-uk] Nokia 3650 & Talks.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:33:39 -0000

Hi all,

Ok, good old Santa brought me the Nokia 3650 with the ETI Eloquence Talks
software, but...

I can't get my phone, when receiving a call, to ring any midi's or sound
files as long as my Talks is active. The phone bursts into action, it tells
me the person who's phoning, and I get about one second of the ring tone,
then it goes silent on me.

Testing via my own land line, it rings out for ages, so it's not diverting,
it's just like the talks software is taking up the sound card and not
allowing the ring tones to play.

Of course, I have tried to mute Talks, but end up disabling it and have to
fiddle around to revive it. The Talks key + the clear key just says to me
Mute yes? and mute No? so, I'm a bit frazzled trying to work out the best
way to have my new toy set up.

Any of Santa's little helpers out there?

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden,

Tel: 01383 737 717
web: http://www.scottishblindgolf.com