[access-uk] Re: New computers without backup software discs

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:55:06 +0100

Hi,

HP have also done a similar thing on their desktops and laptops for
ages.  In this case, the hidden partition is used for recovery, and you
have to purchase recovery CDs.  Its quite a good idea backing up the
recovery disks to DVDs on machines with a DVD writer, however.

Can anyone remember the old days where we had to use endless backup
disks to create reinstall didks on some systems?

Thanks.
Andrew.