[access-uk] New Notetaker?

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:02:20 -0000

Does anyone know whether the new notetaker mentioned below is to be marketed
in the U.K.

> The following is from GW Micro.

 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
 GW Micro to Distribute Korean Braille Notetaker in North America
>(FORT WAYNE, IN/DAEJON, KOREA) - GW Micro, Inc. and Human Information
> Management Service (HIMS) of Daejeon, Korea today announced a cooperative
> agreement to market and sell the Braille Sense notetaker in the United
> States and Canada. The Braille Sense notetaker is a PDA that uses a
Braille keyboard for
> inputting information and refreshable Braille dots for reading. It also
> connects to the Internet, reads and writes email, and composes word
> processing documents. It is also able to stream Internet audio, play MP3s
> and DAISY books, and has a built-in digital recorder. "We are very excited
about this opportunity," said Dan Weirich, Vice
> President of Marketing and Engineering for GW Micro. "Many of our
customers
> have been asking for an affordable notetaker with a lot of features. The
> Braille Sense fits the bill perfectly." The Braille Sense is the first
notetaker to offer true multi-tasking, with
> the ability to perform up to seven tasks simultaneously. With the Braille
> Sense, a user can listen to his or her favorite MP3s while writing email,
> surfing the web, and even using the word processor. "By combining GW
Micro's good reputation of providing good technical
support
> and great software, and HIMS commitment to excellence in hardware
> technology, these two corporations can bring a very good alternative to
the
> American user. We love to provide good, sound technology and excellent
> technical support," said Chris Park, International Sales Manager for HIMS.
The Braille Sense includes two compact flash slots, two USB ports, an
> Ethernet port, infrared, serial port, parallel port, LCD screen, VGA
monitor
> port, as well as built-in speakers and microphone and detachable battery.
> It
> can also access the Internet wirelessly, through a wireless Compact Flash
> card.
 GW Micro produces the Window-Eyes screen reader, a software product that
> reads all available information on a computer screen, which enables blind
> computer users to function in a workplace or school setting. HIMS began
developing and manufacturing the Braille Sense notetaker in
1999,