[access-uk] Netbook and Bluetooth

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:42:37 -0000

To Jackie and all who are interested in this topic

I looked it up in the manual and it appears that my netbook at least was
shipped with Bluetooth turned off. This might not apply to other models, but
this is what I had to do so maybe it is worth a try.

I had to hold down the Function key and keep pressing F2 which cycled me
through WLAN off, Bluetooth on, WLAN and Bluetooth on etc. I stopped at
Bluetooth and WLAN on and the next time I opened my Bluetooth program it took
me through the set up wizzard in which I gave my netbook a name, selected the
type of device, what connections to allow etc.

I have to confess I got a sighted person to do this, so I'm not sure how the
set up would have worked with JAWS. I just didn't want to get half way through
and then not be able to get any further. A cop out I know.

It's all sorted now, so I am happy, hope you get yours sorted Jackie, but maybe
try that Function key and F2 and see what happens?

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses
owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory
organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk