[access-uk] Re: Netboks and Window-Eyes

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:11:14 +0100

Hi.
All your questions are answered automatically if the netbook you are thinking of is running Windows. So, for example, Window-Eyes can run just fine on a Windows netbook. You can plug an external drive just fine on a Windows netbook. What I will say is booting up may take some time as per the basic hardware implemented in netbooks.
Hope this helps.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 16/05/2011 14:01, Pele West wrote:
Hi Everyone

My husband and I  are thinking of buying a netbook.  We both use Window-Eyes.
Is there any reason why Window-Eyes cannot be installed on any netbook?

Also, are there any restrictions on what a netbook can drive?  Can it, for
example, read an external hard disc drive plugged into a USB port.

How long, roughly, does the average netbook take to boot up.  Does it take as
long as a desktop PC?

Finally, is it possible to use a wireless keyboard with a netbook?

Thanks

Pele West