[access-uk] Re: NVDA keystroke needed, please

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 01:19:38 +0100

This may be a bit of a stretch, but I've tried it and it works.

Insert plus Control plus Right Arrow moves through synth settings, including "rate", which then lets you change the speed with the left and right arrow keys. Trouble is, of course, that you've got to be able to hear it first.

The NVDA key is usually Insert, but whoever owns the computer may have changed it to caps Lock, so substitute Caps Lock in the above if you can't get it to work.

It may be helpful to know that on the NVDA Help menu there is a quick key guide, which may be located here.....

C:/Program%20Files/NVDA/documentation/en/keyCommands.html

Having got the screen reader more manageable, you can save the new configuration using the Save option on the NVDA menu (Insert + N gets you the menu).

If all else fails, find any file called NVDA.INI, save it on another drive and use the default settings.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>