[access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband

Hi Barbara

I don't know if it works as I don't have Vodafone broadband.  I meant it
was useful info to pass to our tech support team, and something I must
get round to trying out myself.

Thanks again. 


Jackie Cairns
 Braille Specialist
 Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sight and Sound Technology Ltd
 Welton House North Wing
 Summerhouse Road
 Moulton Park
 Northampton
 NN3 6WD
 Telephone: 01604 798024
 Fax: 01604 798090   
 Web: www.sightandsound.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Barbara Wilson
Sent: 26 July 2009 12:32
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband

Yeah, but does it work?

Find me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/barkingbabs
Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: creativeeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: creativeeyes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 12:26 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband


> Thanks Barbara, this is actually very useful information.
>
>
> Jackie Cairns
> Braille Specialist
> Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sight and Sound Technology Ltd
> Welton House North Wing
> Summerhouse Road
> Moulton Park
> Northampton
> NN3 6WD
> Telephone: 01604 798024
> Fax: 01604 798090
> Web: www.sightandsound.co.uk
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
> Of Barbara Wilson
> Sent: 25 July 2009 17:22
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband
>
> The Vodafone software is completely accessible. When the software is
> installed, there are two shortcuts on the desktop, one for mobile
> broadband and one for SMS. If you click on the broadband one it will
> search for a connection point. If it's available, then there will be a
> Connect Button and if you are not on this you simply Tab around the
> options which are all spoken.
>
> Find me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/barkingbabs
> Barbara Wilson
> M: 07917710779
> T: 02887784046
> E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> IM: creativeeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Skype: creativeeyes
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 3:36 PM
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband
>
>
>> Hi Ibrahim
>>
>> I've only tried it using the 3 dongle we were given at work for going
>> out and about with.  I was just commenting really on the fact that
the
>> actual software isn't accessible.  I prefer to use Joikuspot on my
> phone
>> as I can do it myself without asking a sighted person to click the
>> Connect button on the desktop.
>>
>>
>> Jackie Cairns
>> Braille Specialist
>> Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Sight and Sound Technology Ltd
>> Welton House North Wing
>> Summerhouse Road
>> Moulton Park
>> Northampton
>> NN3 6WD
>> Telephone: 01604 798024
>> Fax: 01604 798090
>> Web: www.sightandsound.co.uk
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf
>> Of Ibrahim Gucukoglu
>> Sent: 25 July 2009 15:24
>> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband
>>
>> Hi Jackie.
>>
>> It all depends on the modem you get;  Each modem interface is
> different
>> and has varying accessibility.  Of course, there's nothing to stop
you
>> putting the sim in to an HSDPA enabled phone and hooking that up to
> your
>> computer to utilize the broadband.
>>
>> All the best, Ibrahim.
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 3:19 PM
>> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband
>>
>>
>>> Yes, but the software to connect isn't accessible with JAWS, least I
>>> can't get at it.
>>>
>>>
>>> Jackie Cairns
>>> Braille Specialist
>>> Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Sight and Sound Technology Ltd
>>> Welton House North Wing
>>> Summerhouse Road
>>> Moulton Park
>>> Northampton
>>> NN3 6WD
>>> Telephone: 01604 798024
>>> Fax: 01604 798090
>>> Web: www.sightandsound.co.uk
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
>> Behalf
>>> Of william lomas
>>> Sent: 24 July 2009 14:42
>>> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mobile Broadband
>>>
>>> three are supposed to be good you get like 15 gig allowance for 15
>> quid
>>> a month
>>>
>>> depends how long you moving for really but the three one i think is
a
>> 30
>>> day contract so drop out when you want
>>>
>>> On 24 Jul 2009, at 14:40, Chris Hallsworth wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello all,
>>>> My family and I are moving house on Friday August 21. We will be
>>>> temporarily moving to a location in South Normington, and I
>> personally
>>>
>>>> feel therefore that our current broadband provider Sky isn't worth
>> the
>>>
>>>> setup just for that temporary amount of time, however long that is,
>> as
>>>
>>>> we hhope to move to a more permanent home in the future. I'm
>> therefore
>>>
>>>> asking on advice on the best Pay as you Go Mobile Broadband
> provider,
>>>> in terms of accessibility with JAWS. I was thinking of going with
> O2,
>>>> as I'm already with them for both my Simplicity and Pay as you Go
>>>> accounts, but am not sure of their connection software.
>>>> I look forward to your recommendations.
>>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>> --
>>>> Chris Hallsworth
>>>> E-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> Skype: chrishallsworth7266
>>>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>>>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> ** and in the Subject line type
>>>> ** unsubscribe
>>>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>>>> ** immediately-following link:-
>>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>>>> ** or send a message, to
>>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>>>
>>>
>>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> ** and in the Subject line type
>>> ** unsubscribe
>>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>>> ** immediately-following link:-
>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>>> ** or send a message, to
>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>>
>>>
>>>
> ______________________________________________________________________
>>> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.
>>> For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
>>>
> ______________________________________________________________________
>>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> ** and in the Subject line type
>>> ** unsubscribe
>>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>>> ** immediately-following link:-
>>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>>> ** or send a message, to
>>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> ** and in the Subject line type
>> ** unsubscribe
>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>> ** immediately-following link:-
>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>> ** or send a message, to
>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>
>>
>>
______________________________________________________________________
>> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>> For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
>>
______________________________________________________________________
>> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
>> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> ** and in the Subject line type
>> ** unsubscribe
>> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
>> ** immediately-following link:-
>> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
>> ** or send a message, to
>> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>>
>>
>> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
>> signature database 4277 (20090725) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>
>>
>>
>
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
> For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
> ______________________________________________________________________
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus 
> signature database 4278 (20090725) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
> 

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq


______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq

Other related posts: