[access-uk] Microsoft Messenger, Skype, Ivocalize and Window Eyes

  • From: "Donna Slater" <donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:53:12 +0100

Hi
I have recently become interested in using internet chat.  I have downloaded
skype
and also the latest version of microsoft messenger and have tried using them
with
Window Eyes.  Although I can make some use of both pieces of software, I am not
finding
their accessibility too good.  For example, in skype I don't seem to be able to
access
the help feature at all, while in Microsoft Messenger, I have to keep tabbing
from
one field to another to write replies and then read messages from others in the
conversation.
Although I have been using Window Eyes for a while, I must admit I don't yet
know
more of its technical features in debth, so if anyone does know of hints/tips to
improve accessibility I would be grateful.
Lastly, I have tried to use the voice chat client ivocalize at acb radio, but
again
Window Eyes is not reading what is in the edit boxes etc.  I have been told it
should
do this without any problem.  Could someone let me know if I need to have a set
file
or anything?  I am using Window Eyes 4.5 at present and am now wanting to learn
its
more technical capabilities, so please forgive all the questions.
Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Best wishes
Donna Slater.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.