[access-uk] Looking for feedback from users of SiRecognizer

  • From: "Vivien Palcic" <vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:07:06 +0800

Hello,

I have just joined the list yesterday and I'm wondering if anyone has had experience using SiRecognizer, the OCR system for the blind made by Itex in Rome? There are no dealers for the product over here in Australia, so I don't have the opportunity to try it myself; but I've heard it's very accurate and am also particularly interested in its multilingual capabilities. I would appreciate any feedback, whether it's to do with the most basic version of the product (with just the SiRecognizer software) in conjunction with your own screenreader and off-the-shelf scanner, or the full package which includes the UMPC and special camera for photographing text to be recognised. Has anyone used it with multilingual dictionaries in print (eg German-English/English-German, Italian-English/English-Italian etc)? I have a Windows XP machine with both NVDA 2010.1 and JAWS 9.0.2169U, and I use a BrailleNote Classic as a Braille display.

Kind regards
Vivien