[access-uk] Last chance to vote for "Smart Glasses for Sight Loss" in the Google Impact Challenge today.

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 08:39:09 +0100

Today (Wednesday) is the last chance to vote for "RNIB: Smart glasses to improve
life for people with sight loss" at
https://impactchallenge.withgoogle.com/uk2014/charity/rnib

I think we all have differing opinions of the RNIB when it comes to
developing technology, however the important thing is that Google will
not only provide half a million quid, but technical help as well.

"The Google Impact Challenge supports UK nonprofits using technology
to tackle problems and transform lives around the world. Vote now for
your four favourite projects - voting ends on 30th July.

Ten winning projects have been selected to receive £200,000. Now it's
over to you to help us. Select your favourite four and the people's
choice will receive £500,000, alongside an additional three nonprofits
selected by our judges. All nonprofits will receive support from
Google.org to make their vision a reality."

You get four votes, so you can vote for some of the other projects
too, if you want.

https://impactchallenge.withgoogle.com/uk2014/