[access-uk] Re: Large print keyboards

  • From: "Barry G" <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:50:35 -0000

I don't know of a high-visibility keyboard specifically for the Mac but there are certainly high visibility keyboards for PCs, Sight & Sound do them, as do MicrolinkPC in Southampton (02380 240375) - it might be worth asking them about these. These are available in standard key sizes but you can also get a keyboard from Microlink that has enlarged characters on larger keys, although I reckon these would be a pain if you touch type.

Microlink Certainly sell high visibility keyboard stickers in various combinations of foreground/background colour and a choice of lower case or caps, and I'm pretty sure that the RNIB and Sight and Sound also do these - by the way, the keyboards mentioned above also come in different colour combinations and with a choice of lower/upper case.

The keyboards can be relatively expensive if you get fussy about colour/case, but the stickers are relatively inexpensive and might be the answer for a Mac keyboard.

All the best and HTH,
Barry G

----- Original Message ----- From: <mary_tottle1@xxxxxxx>